Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Max Zoom Removal

I tend to lean in favor of Blizzard's decisions on many things.  What can I say.... I love the game.

On this particular change, however, I am a tad flustered.  Not because I don't think the change is needed.  The frustration is over being lied too.   I hate being lied to.   If Blizzard really has a reason for the change, they need to be honest and explain why.  Even if the details are left out, they could still be indirectly honest about it.

For example, "Max Zoom is being removed and we hate it because of technical difficulties with the new visibility distance" (made up reason).   I could buy that.

What frustrates me is the disingenuous explanation for the change. I'm sorry, but I don't believe the "fairness" candy coating.

Blizzard says... the UI is so complex they can't show us our full stats.
Blizzard says... you can get an add-on to see your full stats.
Blizzard says... max zoom is an unfair advantage, we are removing max zoom.

Is having an add-on to see your full stats an UNFAIR ADVANTAGE?

  • If not, then why is max zoom?
  • If so, then why allow add-on for full stats... why even recommend this?

It does not compute.

Blizzard, give us the real reason for the change... or you just plain look like liars.

No comments:

Post a Comment