Friday, March 26, 2010

It's my burden

Last night, during raid.  I was training a new person or at least attempting to get someone else to raid lead.  I can't always be there and I was hoping to see some inspired ability and perhaps a new perspective on raid leading.  You never stop learning how to raid lead because it's all about the social dynamic of being pseudo-in-charge.

So, after a few minutes into the raid start we hadn't started yet.  There were numerous delays, which is one of the biggest banes of raids.  One of my guildies whispers me, "if this doesn't start soon, I'm leaving".

What reaction was this person expecting from me?  Sympathy?  Understanding?  Action?  I chose another route.  My thought was, he is a grown person and makes his own choices and the implications of those choices are his own, not mine.

I can't remember my exact response, but I think it was along the lines of... "that's up to you."

There was a time when I really carried this stuff like an albatross.  I wanted consensus.  I wanted happiness.  I wanted perfection and bliss.  Someone write me a reality check please.   So, call me a M&S (Moron and Slacker), but I learned that its a dream and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment