Sunday, March 28, 2010

Wrinkles

You have to be part lunatic to be a raid leader / guild manager.  That is, or extremely easy going.  I am probably more of the former than the latter.   I added people to the guild with a specific raid schedule and now one of the key roles (tank) decides he won't raid on Sundays (the last day in the raid cycle).   So, that means I am missing a key tank at the hardest part of progress. 

The right thing to do, is move him down from "frequent raider" status and he becomes a player that gets a spot when one is available.  But that is logic.   Unfortunately, that's not how things always work out.  Why?  Because a lead healer is his friend.  If I treat him in an "unfair" way, I lose a healer.   I suppose that also wouldn't be the end of the world, but it's not a pleasant experience and it sets me back.

I'm gonna have to think on this one before I make a move.   If you find yourself in such a situation, you can know that I, at least, am gonna have to think it through.

I wish my logic and emotions were not connected together, but, they are.  I hate being unfriendly which is, unfortunately, part of the job.   You don't get to be the person people like.  You are the person that makes it happen, I suppose I am telling myself.... (I am laughing at this point).

No comments:

Post a Comment