Saturday, March 27, 2010

Why is end-content the goal?

I suppose Blizzard knows what they are doing.  But, sometimes, I think a game can be about the journey and less about the destination.  I mean, if the whole point of WoW is to rush to the end, you are just rushing to boredom and quitting, right?

Imagine a model where the journey is the destination and the end is well... the end.  Then, you put your focus not on getting people geared easily and quickly and dumbing down content so you can all be "to the max" but you make content harder where every step is the struggle, every dungeon is beyond elite and required gates to progress. 

I don't know the economics of the whole thing, but I'd imagine they know something $-wise that I don't and are doing the right thing for their bottom-line. 

But, I can lament, that it's not what cranks my tractor.

No comments:

Post a Comment